What better way to celebrate your marriage with friends and family than on the beautiful North Devon coast? Create a seaside themed wedding with these top tips and transport your guests to coastal heaven with a idillic backdrop.
- Ensure that you carry the theme through to your cake and sweet treats e.g. with seashell decorations.
2. Ask your florist to recommend flowers and foliage most commonly found in coastal locations to make the look really authentic.
3. Create a ‘fishing net’ or a hessian table runner.
4. Use layered coloured table linen in shades of blue.
5. Fill clear glass tealight holders with sand and seashells before putting the candle in.
6. Use blue coloured glassware, for example, for the water tumblers to inject a pop of blue into each place setting. Which the Brasserie has available for you.
7. Include twigs that are reminiscent of coral, driftwood or vertical floating seaweed, into your centrepieces.
8. Remove the handle of a child’s bucket – spray with aerosol adhesive – cover with sand. Place upside down on your table – the perfect sandcastle centrepiece!
9. Fill Kilner jars with seasalt and place the tealight candle on top. Decorate the top of the jar with twine or raffia and shells.
10. Leave your guests a ‘mini’ message in a bottle as their wedding favour
11. Fill fish bowls of different sizes and fill with water in different shades of blue. Place floating candles in each bowl
12. Make seaside inspired cookies as guests favours and beautifully package them in clear bio-degradable, compostable bags.
13. Place beach pebbles in the bottom of your glass vase centrepieces. These can be collected from the beach or purchased from specialist outlets.
14. Fill the bottom of clear hurricane lamps with shells once you’ve stood the pillar candle inside.
15. Make hessian chair ties, gathered at the centre with a scallop shell.
16. Ask your guests to write you a wish on a large pebble and display in a clear glass hurricane vase. Keep forever to remind you of your big day.
17. Ask your florist to incorporate shells into your bouquet.
18. Create a ‘LOVE’ sign of over-sized letters adorned with shells.
19. Provide your female guests with comfy flip flops for the evening festivities.
20. Dust the bottom of your cake and stand with soft brown sugar to represent sand!